Welcome to your Utility Bill Payment Intake Appointment Scheduler
Montgomery Community Action seeks to reduce poverty and help low-income citizens of Montgomery county, Alabama to meet critical needs and become self-sufficient.
Please note that if you are ten minutes late for your appointment, you will not be seen and you have to reschedule the appointment. For further information or questions, you make contact your local Community Action Agency.
The utility bill payment intake meetings by appointment will be conducted at the following location:
- Montgomery Community Action, 1072 Adams Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36104
In order to apply for energy assistance you must bring the following:
- Proof of all household income from previous month. If paid weekly you will need all four check stubs. If you are paid biweekly you will need both check stubs. Example: If you are applying for assistance in December you will need November's proof of income.
- Social Security card of all household members
- Valid picture ID for the person applying for assistance
- If you receive Social Security or SSI bring your letter from the Social Security office for verification
- If you have a person in the household 18 years or older, with zero income, we must have a notarized letter to verify that fact. Notarized forms may be picked up at 1072 Adams Avenue
- Copy of your utility bill. Please note all utility bills must be in Head of Household or Spouse's name
- If you live in Public Housing, HUD Housing or receive Section 8 you must provide proof of utility allowance either through rent reduction and/or payment. You may print or pick up a utility allowance form from 1072 Adams Avenue prior to your appointment.
- All clients with zero income or income less than housing expenses must provide documents verifying how housing expenses are paid. Documentation from landlord, Mortagage Company or family member is acceptable. Family member verification must be notarized.
Within minutes of making your appointment, you should receive a confirmation email with a calendar appointment attached to the email. In addition, you will also receive a phone reminder the day before your appointment.
Appointments can be changed or canceled at any time on this website. You can also make or cancel an appointment at any time (24/7) using our automated phone system by dialing (334) 230-5259 and following the instructions.